If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

Create a schedule for "Minimum fan run time per hour in Auto mode"

trudeotrudeo Seattle, WAMember

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to create a schedule for the "Minimum fan run time per hour in Auto mode". I would like to run the fan during the day at least 5-10 mins per hour, but not at night.

Is there a way to achieve that?

Thank you!

dmelcer9
Tagged:

Comments

• PhotoplexPhotoplex Calgary, ABMember

No, it's an all or nothing setting. No scheduling for it.

• MikeyAMikeyA TorontoMember

Hey @trudeo
    Unfortunately you can only have the fan run so many hours for the whole day or not. You can't activate the Fan Min On Time for a specific setting. This is a pretty good idea! Sorry for the inconvenience!

• lannister80lannister80 ChicagoMember
    edited April 2016

@MikeyA said:
    This is a pretty good idea!

Yes, one we've been suggesting for a year now (a per-comfort-profile setting). I mean, why would I care about kicking on the fan to even out temps when I'm not home? Just wastes power.

Even better, the E3 needs to look at the temp spread of the active and participating sensors and determine when their values are divergent enough to warrant kicking on the fan to even them out a bit.

gpzbcbriansusernamebmpero
  • MikeyAMikeyA TorontoMember

Thanks for this feedback @lannister80 . I can't guarantee it's something that will be added, but the more it's requested, the more it might be implemented. I'll send this feedback over to the development team. Thanks!

gpzbcKRUZNBYbmpero
  • gpzbcgpzbc Colorado, USAMember

@lannister80 said:
    Even better, the E3 needs to look at the temp spread of the active and participating sensors and determine when their values are divergent enough to warrant kicking on the fan to even them out a bit.

YES!! +1

• yakabudayakabuda WIMember

@MikeyA said:
    Hey trudeo
    Unfortunately you can only have the fan run so many hours for the whole day or not. You can't activate the Fan Min On Time for a specific setting. This is a pretty good idea!

Please do implement this! I don't want to waste energy while Away, but I do want to circulate air while we Sleep.

gpzbcMikeyAbmpero
  • yracineyracine Montreal, Quebec (Canada)Member
    edited July 2016

Hi, I've implemented some HA scripts using the SmartThings hub to change the minFanOnTime anytime an ecobee climate/program is changed per the ecobee scheduling (ex. from home to sleep, home to away, etc.)

Prerequisites
    - SmartThings hub
    - Ecobee connected to SmartThings via MyEcobee device
    - ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule or ecobeeSetFanMinOnTime script

Refer to my github

https://github.com/yracine/device-type.myecobee/tree/master/smartapps

My ecobee device and some smartapps are available at my store:

http://www.ecomatiqhomes.com/#!store/tc3yr
    _
    P.S. ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule can also start the fan based on a temp differential between different temp sensors in a given zone._

Regards.

gpzbcMikeyA
  • @lannister80 said:

Per ecobee, the more requested, the more likely to be done, so consider this another request: Need ability to schedule the fan running only. It running a set number of minutes per hour, every single hour of the day is wasteful. I don't care about running the fan to even out temperatures in the house if I'm not there, this is an energy waste. I want it to turn on the fan only when I schedule it to.

• Agreed, I recently switched from the Lyric to the Ecobee3 and up until a recent update on the Lyric it was possible to program the fan so it would only come on when there was a call for heat or cooling. I don't see the need for the fan to run unnecessarily when nobody is home, it's just a waste of electricity.

• LMRudLMRud MarylandMember

@MikeyA said:
    Thanks for this feedback lannister80 . I can't guarantee it's something that will be added, but the more it's requested, the more it might be implemented. I'll send this feedback over to the development team. Thanks!

I'll add a request for more fan control. For us, it would be nice to have the fan run 10-20 minutes/hour during the day to even out the temperatures, then not at all in the evening so cold air doesn't blow while watching TV.