If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

I currently have a home with 2 thermostats, should I use 2 ecobee3

HVACTiggerHVACTigger Campbell CAMember

So I have a new home with 2 thermostats, carrier, and want to switch to something more usable and linkable to IFTT. Do I, or should I use 2 ecobee3 units? Will they link or run independently? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Answers

• HVACTiggerHVACTigger Campbell CAMember

Oh I have a gas furnace, carrier standard model AC unit

• Are the current thermostats use Carrier proprietary signaling? I know some of the Carrier multistage heatpumps will only work in 2 stage mode with other thermostats. Do you have a zone controller? You may want to list specific brands and models to help determine your needs.

• HubertHubert San AntonioMember

I have an 8 year old Carrier heat pump with 2 Carrier thermostats. Ones is in my living room an the other is in a game room upstairs. The game room is the only room upstairs. Either thermostat can switch on the HVAC and dampers control the air flow to only the area that called for it.

I just replaced the downstairs thermostat with an Ecobee 3. So far everything seems to be working great. The Ecobee controls the temperature downstairs where most everything is and the old Carrier thermostat still has control of the game room upstairs.

• I don't see why you can not replace the other. Some people do have zones heating and cooling with multiple Ecobee thermostats.