If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

Comments

• I've really enjoyed my Rachio Iro so far. I think your main scheduling complaint/desire is being handled right now with the beta release of Rachio's "Flex Schedules" (added in the 2.0 version of their mobile app).

With Flex Schedules, the day to water is evaluated every day, taking into account observed and forecasted rain. Things may be a little rough around the edges right now, but I think the result will be good or better than Rain Machine (considering personal weather stations can be used).

Still, I do worry a bit about the lack of local control on the Rachio Iro, as you mentioned. Hopefully Rachio will not go belly-up and brick my sprinkler box anytime soon :-)

Steve
  • a0128958a0128958 Dallas, TXMember

I too am ujsing this now. So far no permanent problems. Bill

• a0128958a0128958 Dallas, TXMember

I continue to be pleased with the Iro. It's a more complicated device, though, than I anticipated. I think the company has a ways to go to effectively teach customers how flex scheduling works, and, how to make incremental manual adjustments when needed.

Best regards,

Bill

• SolarbuddySolarbuddy Redlands, CAMember

I've been quite pleased with my 16-zone Rachio. At least my wife is able to fiddle with the watering herself--that alone was worth the price. Lately I've given my 2x/year sprinker-guy full access to it and he uses the Rachio to check valves, heads, timing, etc., with no need to enter the house.

• xaxvixaxvi NYMember

How does Rachio compare with RainMachine? Is it any better? Which would you recommend to buy?

• 50ae50ae mckinney, txMember

I have the Rain Machine and must say it's the most solid piece of tech I own. it also will work when the internet is down unlike the Rachio which is a nice feature.