If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

ecobee3 Feature Request Thread

1789101113»

Comments

• tombeetombee Tallahassee, FLMember

Still no date/time display with the latest firmware update.

• shabbyshabby ehMember

Not a fan of the latest android update where there's now a thermostat selection screen upon startup, if there's nothing else connected other than an ecobee it should skip this screen.

gpzbckevinmcc
  • phd777phd777 Member

@shabby said:
    Not a fan of the latest android update where there's now a thermostat selection screen upon startup, if there's nothing else connected other than an ecobee it should skip this screen.

Agreed.

• kevinmcckevinmcc Macomb, ILMember

@shabby said:

Yes. The logical thing to do is to bypass that selection screen if you have only one thermostat...

• EFTCEFTC CanadaMember

@shabby said:

There should be a checkbox on that page to "skip" if you only have 1 thermostat connected. Better yet, change that page such that it displays the temp or % RH of all the connected sensors and thermostat similar to the wink app.

• CBLOOMCBLOOM TexasMember

Hi this has probably been mentioned before but it would be great to have a negative temperature differential. This feature would work just like the current temperature differential but would cool/heat the house below/above the desired threshold. So this would mean for an AC cycle it would -X <= DesiredTemperature <= Y. The AC would kick on when the temperature hits Y and kicks off when the temperature hits X.

• edited May 26

I'd like to see features for Time of Use plans. Namely, I'd like my thermostat to be at a certain temperature by a certain time, and then turn completely off for three hours.

So for example, my Time of Use plan is from 3PM to 6PM where the energy price triples, and I'd like to have the house extra cool before that period so that I don't have to use the HVAC until after 6. It would be nice if the ecobee could predict when to turn the HVAC on so that the temperature would reach 75 just before 3:00PM, and then turn it completely off (unless specifically overridden, but meanwhile don't pay attention to the motion sensors) until 6:00PM.

Even better if I could say I want the temperature to be 80 degrees at 6:00PM, and then it automatically calculates what the temperature should be at 3:00PM so that if it is off for the next 3 hours, the outside weather will heat the house to 80 degrees by that time, and then the normal schedule could take over.

• RandyBrownRandyBrown San Jose, CAMember

An all NEW weatherproof outdoor sensor that reads temperature and humidity. This new outdoor sensor should have the same range as current sensors and perhaps made available in an earth tone color (brown or green) to blend-in with the outdoors. The weatherproof sensor's firmware should NOT include Motion or Follow Me features. This new sensor should check the current outside temperature every 15min's and transmit the reading to the ecobee thermostat, but only if the temperature is different than the previous reading and should include a time-stamp. An instant request for the the current temperature can me made from the ecobee thermostat or the ecobee mobile app.

gpzbc
  • LarrylLixLarrylLix Northern Southwestern OntarioMember

FOLLOW ME
    I would like to see the Follow Me feature actually work. When I enable any sensor, that sensor is averaged into the calculation immediately, unlike tech support tells me.

Occupancy is never a consideration for the calculation, only if it enabled or not, and without any time delay. (other than webpage update) This is not according to the ecobee3's information. Of course some of their description information contradicts itself how the Follow Me feature is actually supposed to work.

The minimum run time does not function with this either. I can enable a sensor with a higher temperature and my A/C will turn on immediately. Now when I disable that same sensor the A/C compressor stops immediately.

DESCRIPTIONS AND MANUALS
    Make the firmware match the descriptions but proofread it first.

FAN Cycler
    Fan cycling is terrible, Set your fan to 20 minutes minimum and see what happens. If the HVAC has not run for 20 minutes the fan cycler cuts in and runs the fan 10 minute on and then 5 minutes off. There is no adjustment for the fan cycler other than the 2/3 time running. Dumb logic and energy waster.

• kevinmcckevinmcc Macomb, ILMember

@LarrylLix said:

At 10min/hour my furnace is being cycled for 5 minutes on every 25 minutes. Running 20 minutes per hour seems like a waste, but being able to on/off rate or cycle rate would be a great idea.

I just assumed 20 min/hour would 10 minutes on every 20 minutes or 5 minutes on every 10 minutes.