If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

ecobee3 Feature Request Thread

167891012»

Comments

  • gpzbcgpzbc Colorado, USAMember

    @geeman1082 said:
    I've seen others reference the window efficiency setting but I cannot find it anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

    Preferences/Settings --> Installation Settings --> Equipment

    geeman1082
  • geeman1082geeman1082 MissouriMember

    @gpzbc said:
    Preferences/Settings --> Installation Settings --> Equipment

    Oh ... it took me a while, but now I realize you mean on the thermostat itself ... I've been trying to do all of this from the PC and/or app. Found it. Not sure what setting to use, but will venture into a humidifier thread to ask that question. Thanks for the response!

  • bgonzalesbgonzales AustinMember

    Hey guys, new here. I've had me Ecobee3 for a few seasons now.
    One thing that's frustrating is the delay for sensor data on the iOS iPad app. I usually look at it when I'm concerned the heat has been running too long and might be running the emergency electric coils but you have to wait an hour before the data populates and by then it's too late.
    All the manual heat pump thermostats have an "Emergency Heat" LED so you know when you're using the electric coils. I really really wish the Ecobee could put a little "2" by the flame icon or add another icon so you know you're running on emergency heat.
    Also, +1 for the clock. not a huge deal but most devices have the time somewhere as a convenience.

  • bgonzales,
    I am thinking about purchasing an ecobee3 lite and wondered about the display regarding which stage is running and was advised of the following in another thread. Is this information accurate. It sounds like the stage status is not displayed on your ecobee3.

    Shows orange flame icon, if running stage 2 or AUX there the number 2 or AUX will appear as a white subscript. You can see in the web browser or the Android at which stage is running.

  • lannister80lannister80 ChicagoMember

    @geeman1082 said:
    I've seen others reference the window efficiency setting but I cannot find it anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

    Ah, I think it's actually in the humidifier settings. I think when you go to "Mode" and select the mode (I have mine set to Auto), there's a thing in there that shows the humidifier as being part of that Mode. Click the humidifier, and I think that's where you set the desired humidity or turn on Frost Control. When you turn on Frost Control, there should be the "window efficiency" setting.

    I think, anyway, doing this from memory.

  • Hopefully this isn't a duplicate. I looked through the summary list and didn't see it:

    Press the AWAY button and then enter the exact date/time I want it to come out of AWAY mode.

  • +1 on the clock on the main display
    +1 on the icon to show the mode, flame, flame w/AUX, 2 etc to show what unit is working.

  • andrewandrew USAMember

    We recently installed the ecobee3 with a remote sensor and so far we love it. However, there are a few minor tweaks that would greatly improve it.

    1. Allow the user to customize the Home Screen. For example, I would like an "Away For Now" button on the Home screen so it is readily accessible if I leave during a "Stay" period. I would like the date and time on my sleep screen along with the current weather.

    2. Allow the user to adjust the motion sensitivity for the sensors. If I walk past my remote sensor just once it triggers the "occupied" function for approximately 20 minutes. I would like to be able to adjust the amount of motion (say two motion events in one minute) required to trigger the "occupied" state. I would also like to set the amount of time of no motion is required to trigger the "not occupied" state.

    3. I would like to disable the motion wake-up of my thermostat. It wakes up every time I walk past it. This is unnecessary. I like to require the screen to be tapped for it to wake up.

  • I would like to see a actual outdoor weather monitor connected to the thermostat Would be real nice if it had rain and wind(weather station)

  • colbycolby CanadaMember

    I'm new to the whole Smart Home world (trying to slowly integrate things, my wife is not sold yet), and the EcoBee3 is one of the first to get installed. The thermostat is in a very conspicuous place in the house, you see it on the dining room wall as you enter the main floor of the house, and my wife does not want the numbers to be showing all of the time. I have to get it installed and play with the brightness of the Standby screen, however I would also like two things:

    1. As mentioned above, the ability to not have the screen turn on every time someone moves past it. It is in a high-traffic area and this could prove to be annoying. Having the thermostat come to life with a touch would be a great option.
    2. The ability to completely blank the standby screen. I do not need to see the temperature from a glance, i do not need the time, and I do not need the weather. I just want a nice blank screen until I touch it to make a change. (if I need to touch it, I may be using the app)

    That's what I can see for now. I read most of this thread and there are some great ideas here.

    Cheers

  • lsbrodskylsbrodsky New Bern, NCMember

    I haven't figured out how to do a reliable search of a thread so at a risk of repeating, I would really like to see Smart Recovery applied to Aux Heat, perhaps selectable. My Aux Heat is an efficient gas furnace and I am not interested in minimizing its runtime. My comfort would be greatly improved if Smart Recovery could use the Aux Heat to have house temp at setpoint by the schedule.
    Larry

  • colbycolby CanadaMember

    @colby said:
    I'm new to the whole Smart Home world (trying to slowly integrate things, my wife is not sold yet), and the EcoBee3 is one of the first to get installed. The thermostat is in a very conspicuous place in the house, you see it on the dining room wall as you enter the main floor of the house, and my wife does not want the numbers to be showing all of the time. I have to get it installed and play with the brightness of the Standby screen, however I would also like two things:

    1. As mentioned above, the ability to not have the screen turn on every time someone moves past it. It is in a high-traffic area and this could prove to be annoying. Having the thermostat come to life with a touch would be a great option.
    2. The ability to completely blank the standby screen. I do not need to see the temperature from a glance, i do not need the time, and I do not need the weather. I just want a nice blank screen until I touch it to make a change. (if I need to touch it, I may be using the app)

    That's what I can see for now. I read most of this thread and there are some great ideas here.

    Cheers

    Turns out that #2 is already there! Working great so far (installed last night).

  • bob13obbob13ob san jose, caMember

    manual on, automatic off. this is such an obvious feature, I can't believe ecobee doens't offer it. The closest thing is setting manual settings to two hours. I got ecobee because of the motion sensors. MY lutron $30 light switch offers manual on/auto off, and manyh other configurations. http://www.smarthomehub.net/forums/discussion/1216/how-do-i-configure-smart-home-away-without-a-schedule#latest

  • gpzbcgpzbc Colorado, USAMember

    @colby said:
    Turns out that #2 is already there! Working great so far (installed last night).

    I didn't know that. Can you tell me more? Is it in the latest update? If so, what version. Thanks!

  • colbycolby CanadaMember

    @gpzbc said:

    I couldn't do it from the App, however following the instructions from the user manual, I did this on the thermostat:

    1. Select Main Menu > Settings > Preferences
    2. Select Screen brightness.
    3. Adjust the values of the Active and Standby screen brightness. This is where you can set it to blank for the standby screen
    4. Select Screen sleeps when I sleep if you want to make the screen blank during the Sleep activity period.
    gpzbc
  • gpzbcgpzbc Colorado, USAMember
  • bigdawg1513bigdawg1513 Warminster, PAMember

    Displaying the date-time on the screen would be a nice addition.

  • lannister80lannister80 ChicagoMember

    @bigdawg1513 said:
    Displaying the date-time on the screen would be a nice addition.

    People have been asking for this for YEARS.

Sign In or Register to comment.