If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

New Colorado construction, NG boiler based hydronic radiant 6-zone system at 7400ft, Ecobee for me?

JasonBoveeJasonBovee United StatesMember

Hi all, thanks in advance for those of you who have advice to give me here!

First a quick summary: As the title states, I'm building a new home in Colorado with radiant floor heat. Slab in the basement, Gypcrete on the main level (rancher). 4916sqft, 6 zones with dedicated pumps - 3 for each floor - likely split between tile living areas, carpet (thin) bedrooms, and bathroom/utilities/other. What cooling is needed (especially at this elevation) will be handled by a variable-speed whole-house fan. I'm pumping the walls/ceiling/basement floor full of insulation and sealing the whole deal with acrylic stucco, stone, and vinyl windows with standard low-e glass. Hopefully that's enough to go off of...

This post is about how I may be able to avoid having 6 thermostats spread throughout my house. I'd really rather just have one smart thermostat that's capable of handling all of the zones. (Either that, or I go with 6 old school Honeywell radial-dial stats...I'm not opposed to the Keep It Simple Stupid rule if it applies here.) I also understand that maintaining desired temps in each room is as much about how the system is installed as it is the thermostats/controls.

All that said - what recommendations do you have?