If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

Canary wireless security system

Just ran across this product. It's not for me; I want to upgrade/replace my existing DSC system.

http://canary.is/

They say that 2/3 of installed security systems are NOT being used. That's a much bigger proportion than I would have expected.

Comments

• SteveSteve Seattle, WAAdministrator

Looks interesting!

I'm also running a DSC, @pvr4me. Do you have an EnvisaLink 2DS or 3 installed? It's a must-have for any DSC owner.

• No, our panel died a few years ago and we've been going without. The old one was a 1987 vintage system. The door contacts and window sensors are all still in place and I really should get a new system. As you may have picked up elsewhere, I'm very interested in Homekit and I'd like to find a system that will work in that environment.

• SteveSteve Seattle, WAAdministrator

Maybe you could pick up a replacement DSC Power832 board on eBay for like 30 bucks, plug it in, and then reprogram it! The reprogramming is the crappy part. :)

Or just wait for something HomeKit compatible. :)