If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

General Ecobee questions

reaper7534reaper7534 Greensboro, NCMember

Had the Ecobee for about a year and don't think I've ever had it configured right. I'd appreciate some step by step settings.

My unit is a Goodman Heat Pump with Electric Aux heat strips. Here is the link to the to the unit I have
https://www.goodmanmfg.com/pdfviewer.aspx?pdfurl=docs/librariesprovider6/default-document-library/ss-gpc14hc2cd370022fa6258827eff0a00754798.pdf?sfvrsn=613755c0_0

It is the 14 Seer Horizontal Package unit.

I'm not entirely sure if I have a single stage or 2 stage. I connected all wires but this may be a mistake on my part.

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me exactly what wires I should have hooked up and what settings I should have my ecobee at. I prefer to use AUX heat as little as possible.

Comments

• kevinmcckevinmcc Macomb, ILMember

That unit is single stage. You would need R, G, C, W1, Y1, and O.

Single stage heat pump with electric AUX, now I think you only have single stage AUX, but there is a W2 that may need connected.

The O/B Reversing Value setting should be energize on cool.

Definitely try out Aux Heat Simultaneous Operation.

Use temperature delta 1 F, compressor to AUX delta 3 F.

Comp to Aux Runtime disabled.

Aux Heat Max Temp 35 F, prevents AUX running if outdoor temp is above 35 F.

I would disables the Min outdoor temp, as the unit should have been installed with an outdoor thermostat to do same function.