If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

ecobee3 Firmware Tracking Thread

Comments

• CaseyEcobeeCaseyEcobee TorontoMember

@bacon you have the newest... just rolling out over the course of January. I'll explain the scope of what's in "553" in the official firmware tracking thread.

mousitch
  • BACONBACON Chicago, ILMember

As of today I am on v3.6.1.602. I checked my version after noticing some UI changes: when the HVAC is in Auto mode it now displays half of a snowflake next to a full flame, and the manual setpoint menu is different.

gpzbcoSPANNERo
  • MikeyAMikeyA TorontoMember

@BACON You can also change the system mode just by tapping on the system mode icon from the front screen. You no longer have to go into the Main Menu, select System, HVAC, then select the system mode. It's a little easier now!

oSPANNERo
  • lannister80lannister80 ChicagoMember

So, what's the change log for 3.7.0.910?

• kapeman_kapeman_ ALMember

Is there a way to subscribe to a threat without posting?

• @kapeman_ said:
    Is there a way to subscribe to a threat without posting?

There's a star next to the title of the thread.

Hey guys! I do have some information on the new 3.7.0.910 firmware version!

• We improved remote sensor occupancy behaviour computation and reporting.
    • We improved remote sensor pairing.
    • Updated customer experience & flow for Demand Response events including new “energy conservation icon” and user friendly language.

Mainly it's code re-factoring / internal updates to make the firmware more stable and maintainable.

gpzbcvajimlannister80
  • @MikeyA said:

• Updated customer experience & flow for Demand Response events including new “energy conservation icon” and user friendly language.

Mainly it's code re-factoring / internal updates to make the firmware more stable and maintainable.

Im stuck on 3.6.0.623 or something. Can you push an update to mine? Thanks!

• Got my firmware update. Thanks if that was you.

MikeyA
  • @MikeyA said:

Hey @MikeyA - I contacted support but they did not push that version, and I only have 3.6.1.602 - any way you can work your magic and push it to me? :smiley:

• vajimvajim VirginiaMember

What do these mean in layman terms?

•We improved remote sensor occupancy behaviour computation and reporting.
    •We improved remote sensor pairing.

There is still too much lag in the sensor reporting.

• steeve725steeve725 Northern ColoradoMember
    edited August 2016

“energy conservation icon”

Where is this icon located at?

Does it appear after a certain time when the furnace has been running, etc?

gpzbclannister80

Hey @steeve725 The "Energy Conservation Icon" is going to be used for ecobee3's Demand Responses events tied to certain people Utility. It will show up on the front screen where the actions are shown. This only shows up when a Utility company is preforming a Demand Response for your area and your ecobee is linked to that utilities program.

• djcdjc Member

Just got my two Ecobee's set up. Firmware is way behind. How long does it usually take after phoning home to get an update?

• studio1930studio1930 Kansas CityMember

I have 3.6.1.602 as well. Is 3.7.0.910 a production release and how can I get it as well?
    Thanks!

• blocktekblocktek Novato, CAMember

Still on 3.6.1.602. What is the latest update, and how can I get it pushed?
    Thanks!

• I will say that when I setup "Home" on IOS 10 today, the one thermostat on 3.7.0.910 shows the sensors where as the 3.6.1.602 do not. This could be correlation or causation but I don't know.

I emailed [email protected] to request the push of 3.7 firmware and provided all three units' serial numbers.

• I'm still waiting for 3.7 as well ... I have no idea why it takes so long for the units to get the new firmware if it improves detection of sensors. I am having an issue where a sensor that is about 14ft away constantly loses connection, at least once a day, for no good reason. If this new firmware helps, please push it to us!

• steeve725steeve725 Northern ColoradoMember

I checked mine today and have 3.7.0.910 .

What is the new version supposed to do?

Is there any noticeable changes, or is strictly for ecobee support and bug issues?

• oSPANNERooSPANNERo Member
    edited September 2016

True to form, a few hours after emailing ecobee with my serial numbers and requesting the 3.7 upgrade all three of my thermostats are now on 3.7.0.936 (an even newer build apparently).

Unfortunately at the same time my Apple Home app no longer displays data for the remote sensors on ANY of the 3 thermostats. Just the thermostats themselves.

• @steeve725 said:
    I checked mine today and have 3.7.0.910 .

What is the new version supposed to do?

Is there any noticeable changes, or is strictly for ecobee support and bug issues?

@MikeyA said:

vajim
  • @oSPANNERo said:

Unfortunately at the same time my Apple Home app no longer displays data for the remote sensors on ANY of the 3 thermostats. Just the thermostats themselves.

Oh, no. That's pants. I was hoping to see the remote sensors appear in their respective rooms in the Home.app, not just vanish altogether.

• My remote sensors also disappeared from the Homekit. Not ideal as I want to monitor their temps as I adjust a room to make it more comfortable.

• Maybe @MikeyA can comment with some color but I just got off with tech support and they said that the sensors not showing up is a known issue and they are working on a new firmware version (newer than 3.7.0.936, which they said is current) and they will let customers know once its available for general consumption.

• smith288smith288 Member
    edited October 2016

One wonders how strenuous their QA process is.

• @oSPANNERo said:
    Maybe MikeyA can comment with some color but I just got off with tech support and they said that the sensors not showing up is a known issue and they are working on a new firmware version (newer than 3.7.0.936, which they said is current) and they will let customers know once its available for general consumption.

Have we heard if there are any plans to integrate the sensors into the HomeKit rooms? Or will they still be in one room when the functionality returns?

Hey @Eco_Coon_Hound sorry for the delay! We should a new firmware version being rolled out which will include sensors in the iOS Home app's screen. Feel free to send me a private message or an email at [email protected] if you still can't see those sensors in the Home app.

SmallTimeHVAC
  • This update is great! Homekit has all my sensors listed as well as their motion sensors available and can be used in automation. Nice job Ecobee... :smile:

• jakemgoldjakemgold Roseville, CAMember

@MikeyA said:
    Hey Eco_Coon_Hound sorry for the delay! We should a new firmware version being rolled out which will include sensors in the iOS Home app's screen. Feel free to send me a private message or an email at [email protected] if you still can't see those sensors in the Home app.

I'm eager to get the sensors working... when can I expect the update to roll out to my unit? Still at 936.

• PFeezzyPFeezzy Arizona Member

@smith288 said:
    This update is great! Homekit has all my sensors listed as well as their motion sensors available and can be used in automation. Nice job Ecobee... :smile:

Does this update allow us to assign sensors to designated HomeKit rooms?