If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

New Feature: Ask a Question

SteveSteve Seattle, WAAdministrator

Greetings, SmartHomeHubbers!

I've added a new feature to the forums called "Ask a Question." It allows you choose whether you just want to start a regular new discussion, or ask a question.

Questions are tagged as such in any of the discussion listings. The original poster of the question can then select whether any of the subsequent posts answer the question (more than one post can be considered an answer). Answered questions are flagged in the listings. I'll also be assigning points to users whose posts get selected as answers.

As admin, I also have the ability to select answers... but will generally leave it up to the original poster to choose whether or not their question was answered to their satisfaction.

For regular discussions that aren't questions, go ahead and just press "New Discussion" as always. But if your post is a question, go ahead and use this new feature! :)

ChrisD24Porter