If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

Ecobee 3 + Honeywell HE150A

danstadansta OntarioMember
edited December 1 in ecobee

Hey there!

Just in process of installing my Honeywell HE150 humidifier and had a quick question in regards to the set up with my Ecobee3.

I will be powering the Humidifier via its transformer to keep all the electronics separated.

From there would someone be able to advise on how I am to connect my Ecobee to the Humidifier?

As per the Ecobee instructions for an externally powered install, you run the wires from 24V and C to the ACC+/ACC- terminals. Does that mean to run the one of the 24V power terminals to the Ecobee? If it matters I am using a PEK currently for my set up.

I also read that some people had success running two wires from the HUM terminals (on the Humidifier) to the ACC+/ACC-. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to do wire it?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• kevinmcckevinmcc Macomb, ILMember

@dansta said:
    I also read that some people had success running two wires from the HUM terminals (on the Humidifier) to the ACC+/ACC-.

Looking at the manual that is all you need to do.

One HUM terminal to ACC+ and the other HUM terminal to ACC-.