If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

Understanding the app

bukzinbukzin CaliforniaMember

Hi,

I have my 3 installed but need help understanding basic programming/configuring.

Is this the best thread for that? If not where should I search advice?

Thx!

Comments

• kevinmcckevinmcc Macomb, ILMember

What is your furnace make and model?
    What is your AC unit make and model?

How is your Ecobee wired?

• bukzinbukzin CaliforniaMember

Mine is a natural gas down draft furnace with a 4 ton condensor for cooling. My Ecobee 3
    seems to control both fine. Where I struggle is with the app itself. I use the latest version of iOS on my ipad and iphone. My Ecobee 3 is running firmware version 3.7.0.969

Within the schedule what do the colors indicate, if anything?
    At the home screen sometimes the vertical adjustment bar displays in orange,
    what does thar mean?
    In the Weather screen what does 'POP' mean?
    Is there a way to stop/cancel a Home for Now selection within Quick Changes?
    What is meant by Comfort Settings?

Thanks, really looking forward to understanding the basics of this stat.

• kevinmcckevinmcc Macomb, ILMember

Colors should match to the color of the comfort settings.

Adjustment bar is blue for cool mode, orange for heat mode.

POP is probability of precipitation.

I do not thinking so, you have to resume at home screen, maybe a feature request is needed.

Comfort setting is the temperature profile you use during scheduling, home, away, sleep, etc...