If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

Ecobee3/HRV Installation

NerudaNeruda OttawaMember

Hi,

I would like to hook up my hrv to my ecobee 3. I've got 3 wires going to the hrv controller, R G B, and the manual lists Y G B, there is an alternate interlocking listed which maybe what's going on. From what I can tell the R wire goes to Acc+ and then I get lost. I think either G or B is capped off but I'm not sure which. All of this wiring has my head spinning.

Venmar Constructo 1.5 HRV
https://venmar.ca/DATA/DOCUMENT/18_5_en~v~installation-manual.pdf
page 12
Ecobee Furnace installation wires
Rc W Y G C

Cheers

Comments

• kevinmcckevinmcc Macomb, ILMember

Looking at the install guide, you would connect OL to ACC+ and OC to ACC--.

Only thing I see that maybe an issue is if the voltage on the HVR is 9.5 volts DC and not 24vac. The Ecobee3 may not detect the HVR.

• NerudaNeruda OttawaMember

Thanks but I don't have an OL or an OC, I have an NO, C and NG, they goto from the HRV to the furnace. I have an R G B that go from the HRV to the wall control.

You are using the HVR wall control? If you are using the Lite-Touch, then that should be connected using Y,G,B, not R,G,B.

But if you want the Ecobee connected, you do not need the wall control.

You would connect OL to ACC+ and OC to ACC-, or you would connect B to ACC+ and G to ACC-.

If your furnace is newer, not ancient, you shouldn't need the lockout either.

• NerudaNeruda OttawaMember

Ahh. That's making sense. So the extra wire is capped off? It is R G B which is what had me confused. There is no Y. And yes it is the light touch. Furnace is about 10 years old and I didn't need the PEK.

You can cap off any wires you are not using.

Strange your connections are matching what the install guide shows.