If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

Connecting EcoBee to an old (dumb) Ruud Electric Furnace

I tried to self install the thermostat, but I cannot locate the control board for this furnace, to connect the C-wire.
I followed EcoBee's instructions, which pointed me to use as C-wire the unused wire I had there, which was disconnected from the old thermostat. Theoretically next step is to connect this "C-wire" to C on the control board, but I cannot find the board anywhere. I am not sure there is a control board!

Link to pictures: http://s649.photobucket.com/user/lukadp/library/Furnace

Tagged:

Comments

• kevinmcckevinmcc Macomb, ILMember

If you look at the schematic, look at the area around the Y terminal. There is yellow wire connected to a blue wire and another wire that got to your outdoor AC unit. That yellow wire is the C wire. Note the circle with the letter C on the schematic. You just need connect your C wire in with all those wires. Hopefully the colors are correct, also look for the transformer. One of the wires is R and the other is C.