If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

Fan Running

I have an Ecobee 3 connected to a 3 zone Zoneatrol Board to a Carrier furnace.
Once the fan turns on it never turns off. If I reinstall the old HOneywell Thermostadt it works fine.
Any ideas.

Tagged:

Answers

• kevinmcckevinmcc Macomb, ILMember

Is thermostat set to let HVAC system to control fan? Check wiring.

• Wiring is good. Like i said it works great when old thermostadt is put back online.
    Do you thing HVAC or thermostadt should control fan, I have tried both ways.

You should normally have HVAC control the fan, otherwise you can run in to problems. Many people think this means the Ecobee can not turn off and on the fan, but that is not true.

Does the Ecobee show the fan is running? There should be a fan icon. Also with a multi meter measuring from C and G you should see 24vac if the fan is running due to the Ecobee.

• the Ecobee does not show it as running. This is a weird one.
    So, what I have noticed is that if I leave the G Wire disconnected between ecobee and zone controller, the fan does not run full time, but does turn on when the zone requests it. However, I noticed today, in the Wisconsin heat wave, when the G wire is disconnected and another zone has already requested cool, the zone controller won't deliver cool(ie open damper) to the ecobee zone until the other zone is done with it.
    I really think this either a ecobee and carrier infinity 96 issue or ecobee and zoneatrol system issue.

Are you using the PEK?

• No PEK. There is a C Wire running though the zone controller.