If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

A Smart Thermostat Guide

ben.barbourben.barbour St. John's, NLMember
edited July 10 in ecobee

Hi guys,

I did some research on smart thermostats and wrote this blog post a few weeks back. It explains which smart thermostat works for your home based on the type of heating you have!

Let me know what you think and tell me about your experiences with each brand. I'd love to get some feedback!

https://getmysa.com/blogs/2017/06/01/a-guide-to-smart-thermostats-which-one-works-for-me/

Tagged:

Comments

• kevinmcckevinmcc Macomb, ILMember
    edited July 13

The list price in US dollars the Ecobee4 is $249.00, Ecobee3 is $199, and Ecobee Lite is $169.

Canadian the Ecobee4 is not available, Ecobee3 is $299, and Ecobee Lite is $219.

• LarrylLixLarrylLix Northern Southwestern OntarioMember
    edited August 3

Spam! Preselling a vapourware brand of thermostat.

This is a line voltage thermostat listed against 24vac thermostats, a different application.

No actual review or comparisons other than price is made.

• ben.barbourben.barbour St. John's, NLMember

Thanks so much for the correction, Kevin. I just fixed it!

@kevinmcc said:
    The list price in US dollars the Ecobee4 is $249.00, Ecobee3 is $199, and Ecobee Lite is $169.

Canadian the Ecobee4 is not available, Ecobee3 is $299, and Ecobee Lite is $219.

edited July 18
    edited July 18

SPAM!!! Website and poster (claims to be a marketing agent) for a line voltage thermostat manufactured in his home town.

• ben.barbourben.barbour St. John's, NLMember

Hi LarrylLix,

spam
    noun
    1. irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.

Do you think that my article about smart thermostats like Nest, ecobee, Honeywell Lyric, and Mysa is not relevant or appropriate for this smart home forum?

I have stated that I wrote the article featured in the link, so it's clear that I work for the company. If you have something legitimate to say about the article or smart home tech, I would welcome your feedback.

edited August 3

Spam! = Just blatant promotion of your own product.

No information worth reading about any other thermostat than your own. Sure you made a simple chart with a list a price for each using different currencies.

Tell us how the fan cycling works on the ecobee3 or the economy mode on the Nest works for your experience with them? Ever seen one?

Tell us when your thermostat will actually exist? Right now you are selling thin air.
    Even with your own product shamefully promoted, no information on the product is actually mentioned, just that it is wonderful and has lots of dreamware features. We have to dream what they are.