If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

Answers

• kevinmcckevinmcc Macomb, ILMember
    edited April 2017

The T terminal should be same as C terminal.

Should be straight forward from there.

I did notice thermostat did not us B for heat pump, but was connected at furnace.

Do you have a heat pump?

• Are you saying that I could just hook up the R G Y W wires and use the Dark Blue B wire as my C wire and not have to use the power extender. Also the system is electric cool/heat and its a 2 zone system with 2 separate but identical units

Thanks for the help

Need more information if your system is 2 zone.

Do you have a Zone controller?

When you say electric heat, do you mean heat pump or resistive electric furnace?

• No zone controller. 2 thermostats each controls 2 seperate units. It's a electric furnace, no hear pump
    Thanks

I am not 100% certain, I think you can use the Blue wire to connect T at the furnace and C at the Ecobee.

I also noticed in the one picture of the furnace the Green wire seems to be going towards the back, maybe not connected? Probably should be connected to the G terminal with other lighter green wire.

The part that confused me if the two different sets of wires. One I am sure goes to your thermostat, but there does the other go?

• It's set up with 2 red wires connecting to R one green wire connecting to G and then 2 yellow wires connected each other not connected to a terminal and the same for the 2 white wires?

I see that. My question is one goes to a thermostat, but where does the other go?

White is for heating, Yellow for cooling, but they go some where else... Typically there are extra wires that go to outdoor AC unit for example. Is that where they go? I just do not see how your electric heat works. There is more to your setup.