If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

IFTTT for scheduling Ecobee?

zenderizenderi TNMember
edited February 2017 in ecobee

Does anyone know of an IFTTT to allow the ecobee to be scheduled more often than every 30 minutes?

Thanks for your input

Comments

• KRUZNBYKRUZNBY Raleigh, NCMember

The default Time IFTTT triggers are 15 minute increments.

• I must not be looking in the correct place them. I'm brand new to the IFTTT scene so I shouldn't be surprised. I am using the IFTTT app on my phone. Would you mind providing directions to where I can find the Time IFTTT triggers?

Thank you!

I never use the phone app to make applets, but when you choose THIS, just type Time in the search box. A time and date icon will come up.

• Thank you! I'll check it out on the pc and update how it turns out.

I really appreciate your help Kruz. This will be my introduction to IFTTT

• Thanks again for your help but I don't think an IFTTT trigger is going to do what I'd like for it to. Not without a lot of work anyway. My goal was to be able to schedule my weekly temperature programming but be able to use smaller increments than 30 minutes, which is as small as the ecobee allows in factory settings. I have several points set through out the day and different ones on the weekend. Mine is probably pretty common. Maybe I'm not understanding something correctly but it seems I'd have to set a trigger for each time I want a temperature change and I'm not sure how me overriding it, which I do frequently, would affect it. So, here's to hoping ecobee updates the firmware to allow 15 minute scheduling periods.

Best wishes

I highly doubt it will get changed to less than 30 minutes. I wold say you setup is pretty uncommon which is one reason they are not going to change it.