If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

Heat AND air conditioner won't engage

almightywadalmightywad Houston, TXMember

I bought two Ecobee 3 thermostats. One for upstairs and one for downstairs. I used the PEKs as instructed since neither had a C wire. Both thermostats powered up just fine and I was able to register and get everything online with the app and homelink. But, when turning on the furnace or air conditioner for the downstairs thermostat, nothing happens with the HVAC. Nothing. No clicks no sounds. The status indicator on that furnace shows the unit is good. Even the thermostat will sometimes show the fan is running but nothing is on. The upstairs unit works just fine though. I even tried bringing the upstairs unit and plugging it into the downstairs unit. Same result. Nothing turns on the HVAC. I cannot find any info on what to do with this issue. I checked the wires to ensure they were in the proper place and tight and they were.
I have a conventional gas furnace and electric a/c with the downstairs unit being a larger unit but setup the same. Any ideas on where to go from here?

Comments