It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
** For those of you who are interested in Home Automation and how to get the maximum out of your ecobee investment,**
I've developed more than 15k lines of code for the ecobee thermostats under ST. It's the most comprehensive ecobee implementation. There is no other thermostat device that offers this kind of capabilities under SmartThings (compared to Nest, Honeywell Lyric or any other smart thermostats).
****Benefits of My Ecobee device****
The code unlocks all ecobee's rich APIs features, and more (see below with the new tips features).
It's the best of both worlds: ecobee and SmartThings working together for more comfort and energy savings at your home!
The code works with all ecobee models: Ecobee4, Lite, Ecobee3, Smart-SI, Smart-02, and even EMS thermostats.
The code unlocks all ecobee's rich APIs features, and more (see below).
BTW, for those who are interested in purchasing an ecobee, here is a referral link you can use:
- New upcoming "features":
The new version brings the following features:
A- Simplified UI to allow better Android support.
There is a high number of UI issues with the ST UI for Android, especially since Android 2.1. There are some significant UI gaps between the 2 OS: Android and iOS.
See this thread for more details about the ST UI issues under Android (which have not be resolved for a while):
B- The smartest Thermostat under SmartThings with "tips" feature.
With the v5.0, My ecobee device will be able to give you "energy savings and comfort tips" based on actual indoor/outdoor conditions at your home.
The following indoor/outdoor metrics will be used for the "tips feature":
C- Unique integration with Ask Alexa (developed by Michael Struck), tstat commands can be sent and tips can be given by interacting with Alexa/Amazon echo.
See this thread for more details about Ask Alexa:
See the Ask Alexa documentation about the verbal commands available:
Please contact me at [email protected] for any questions related to MyEcobee device and its integration with smart vents and any ST connected temp & motion sensors to create heating/cooling zoned solutions..
As a reminder, with my Ecobee device (which is feature complete) and smartapps, you can do the following:
1) Setting your thermostat to Away or Home based on ST hello modes
See the ecobeeChangeMode smartapp.
2) Resuming your program/climate when you're back home
See the ecobeeResumeProg smartapp.
3) Setting your thermostat to vacation mode
See the ecobeeManageVacation smartapp.
4) Creating/updating your ecobee climates/schedules
See the ecobeeManageClimate smartapp.
5) Setting your ecobee climate/program at a given time
See the ecobeeSetClimate smartapp.
6) Monitoring and setting your indoor humidity level using your humidifer/dehumidifer/HRV/ERV (when connected to ecobee)
It also allows you to use the ecobee's free cooling feature...
See the MonitorAndSetEcobeeHumidity smartapp and this thread for more details:
7) Monitoring and setting your setpoints based on any ST connected indoor temp/motion sensors (similar to ecobee3's follow me feature) & outdoor temperature
See the MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp smartapp., and this thread for more details:
8) Exposing your ecobee3's remote sensors to SmartThings for HA scenarios
See the ecobee3RemoteSensorInit smartapp.
9) Controlling your smart vents based on your indoor temp/motion sensors in conjunction with your thermostat's programs & setpoints
See the ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule smartapp
10) Controlling your minimum fan time per hour during a climate/schedule run
See the ecobeeSetFanMinOnTime smartapp
11) Generating some ecobee HVAC stats on a daily basis and sending them to groveStreams for data analytics
See the following smartapps: ecobeeGenerateStats & groveStreams smartapps
12) And many more features, you may want to consult the wiki for more details
- MyEcobee device's code is fully functional and available now at my store:
- All my smartapps (which only work with MyEcobee device and represent several hundred of hours of development work and testing) are either available for free (for your own usage only) at my github:
You can also find the smartapps under the SmartThingsPublic github repo. If you have the github integration, you just need to select the ecobee apps that you need when you "Update from Repo" (yracine is at the end of the "New - only from github" list).
for a modest contribution at my store.