If you're posting a request for installation help, please provide as much info about your system as possible. For example, for help regarding connecting a smart thermostat, please include details about your system including whether you have gas/electric, heat pump, number of heat stages, A/C condenser, etc.

Settings/adjustments not found in app

bukzinbukzin CaliforniaMember
edited July 2016 in ecobee

After speaking with tech support I understand some settings can not be found in the app, only at the thermostat
(he also pushed through the latest software)

Does anyone have a list of user options which can only be addressed at the stat? This would be helpful.

Any thoughts regarding this?

Thx!

Comments

• shabbyshabby ehMember

Its basically just the thresholds section that isn't available on the app/webapp, everything else is doable on the phone.

• bukzinbukzin CaliforniaMember
    edited November 2016

Thx By 'thresholds' do you mean the temp settings which tell
    the stat to turn on/off heat and cool?

Where do I find the Threshold settings? Thx

• KRUZNBYKRUZNBY Raleigh, NCMember

Equipment Installation settings IIRC.

• OshawapilotOshawapilot Courtice, OntarioMember

There are some settings that can't be changed anywhere else than on the thermostat itself, and likewise there are some settings accessable on the web portal that are not available on the smartphone app.

@Oshawapilot said:
    There are some settings that can't be changed anywhere else than on the thermostat itself, and likewise there are some settings accessable on the web portal that are not available on the smartphone app.

Wow, that seems confusing. What is the advantage for having different options each place I look?

Are other Newbies having challenges too?

@KRUZNBY said:
    Equipment Installation settings IIRC.

Are those found only at the stat?

Thx

• KRUZNBYKRUZNBY Raleigh, NCMember
  • OshawapilotOshawapilot Courtice, OntarioMember

@bukzin said:
    Wow, that seems confusing. What is the advantage for having different options each place I look?

In my opinion it's because some of the settings only accesable on the thermostat itself might be considered "installer" type features that might only be adjusted once, perhaps by the HVAC tech that actually installed the thermostat. Beyond that point it's not something that many consumers would want to tinker with, therefore not something that will be found on the consumer portal/app.

Personally, I wish they were - I'd like to be able to adjust some of the more advanced settings via the portal vs having to go up to the thermostat itself and fiddle with the little screen vs the easier to use portal.

But, I do understand the reasoning to some extent - too much stuff for the non tech savvy consumer can end up in confusion/overload.

edited November 2016

As someone who is confused I agree with the 'too much for non techies' thought.

But it would be helpful if Ecobee would make it clear that the owner will see different options depending on where you look, a little more clear.

There is already plenty of challenges for folks like me!

• @Oshawapilot said:

But, I do understand the reasoning to some extent - too much stuff for the non tech savvy consumer can end up in confusion/overload.

There are also a number of settings in there that could damage your HVAC if you set them incorrectly.

In where? The stat itself?

I use an iphone, the wifes Android , well as going to the stat on the wall.
    Not only are there different settings on each but the layout and look is different too.

Kinda makes for a additional learning curve.

So far "not wife approved!"

• BaneSilvermoonBaneSilvermoon KYMember
    edited January 4

@bukzin said:
    In where? The stat itself?

Yeah. There's some things in the "Installation Settings" menu on the Tstat that could cause problems if set incorrectly. As Oshawapilot mentioned, it's generally a menu of settings that are one and done, and you never really need to mess with them again. So it makes sense to bury those for simplification of the other interaction tools.